Friday, May 21, 2010

Broccoli Cheese Soup

Hello Everyone. If this is not to the normal standard, don't blame Lee. I (Becky) have the privilege of writing today's post. On today's menu is Soup and Bread and the featured soup of the day is Broccoli Cheese Soup. This is one of my favorites. The recipe I am posting I came across in the Family Dinner Cookbook by Debbie G. Harmon and it is fast becoming on of my favorite cookbooks. This is what I am making for dinner tonight. It would also be really great served with fresh, homemade bread sticks or for those of us who don't have that much time some bake and serve bread sticks. Enjoy!

Broccoli Cheese Soup

1 small onion, chopped
2 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. flour
2 cups milk
1 cup broccoli, chopped and cooked
2 tsp. chicken boullion
Salt and pepper
1/2 Tbsp. garlic salt
2 cups cheese, grated

Saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk, 1 cup water,and bouillon. cook and stir until thickened. Add salt and pepper, thyme, garlic salt, and cheese. Heat through. Stir in cooked broccoli and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment